Viral conjunctivitis (Pink eye) is the name of an eye-related infection that is caused by a virus. When this infection starts, its symptoms are not visible for the first few days, but after 2 to 3 weeks, you will get symptoms of this infection.
Viral conjunctivitis is not usually considered a serious infection because most people infected with it recover within 7 to 14 days, although the person feels uncomfortable when the disease occurs and this infection easily spread to others.
So if you or any person around you gets infected with this infection, then keep in mind, keep yourself separate, do not let others come in contact with you and isolate yourself for 2 to 3 weeks after recovering.
What is Viral conjunctivitis?
This disease is not a new disease. It is commonly known as pink eye. It is mainly caused by inflammation of the conjunctiva, the thin membrane of the eyelids that lines the inside of the eyelids. And covers the white part of the eyes, which is caused by a virus that can spread very quickly from one person to another.
Viral conjunctivitis symptoms:
It is very important that you are aware of the symptoms of this disease, that if you have these symptoms, then you will keep yourself or someone around you from getting this disease and keep it away from people and get well.
Symptoms of viral conjunctivitis include:
- Redness in the eyes.
- Puffy eyelids.
- Eye discharge.
- Sensitivity to light.
Viral conjunctivitis treatment:
See, there is no one exact treatment for this, but to do this, some remedies must be taken care of, which can give relief from the symptoms and cure you completely
Artificial tears can help lubricate the eyes and make them feel more comfortable
Actually, artificial tears help a lot in cleaning your eyes, due to which the infection can also end slowly, so if you are suffering from this disease, then take the help of artificial tears for treatment.
To get relief from this disease, do cold compress daily, you can compress ice over the eyes or you can buy cold eye compressor from the market to do cold compress.
It should not be ignored, this treatment is very effective, which not only gives you relief from the symptoms like pain, burning, itching in the eyes, but also helps in quick recovery.
Antihistamines can help reduce itching and swelling..
Antihistamine is the name of a medicine that can help relieve the symptoms of many types of allergies. It is a very effective medicine. By using it which protects the body from contact with allergens, you can also avoid eye infection, but if you want to consume it, then do consult a doctor.
Here are some examples of antihistamines:
- First-generation antihistamines: This is the oldest antihistamine drug that usually comes with a higher dosage. Examples include diphenhydramine (Benadryl), chlorpheniramine (Chlor-Trimeton), and brompheniramine (Dimetane).
- Second generation antihistamines: It is this type of medication that is less effective than the first generation of antihistamines but is often the preferred treatment of choice for allergies. Examples include loratadine (Claritin), cetirizine (Zyrtec), and fexofenadine (Allegra).
- Third-generation antihistamines: This is a new type of antihistamine that can work more effectively with lower doses. Examples include desloratadine (Clarinex) and levocetirizine (Xyzal).
This medicine is available in various forms such as capsule, tablet, liquid, nasal spray, eye drop, etc. Consult your doctor for the right dosage to take.
But you should keep in mind that antihistamine medicine can have some common side effects like loss of sleep blurred vision dry mouth these usually go away on their own but if some serious side effects develop so you need to consult doctor.
Doctor Business Eye Drop:
To reduce the inflammation, the doctor can prescribe Business Eye Drops.
Keep in mind that before you do not use any eye drop on your own, ask the doctor and use his prescribed eye drop.
Viral conjunctivitis How stop the spread?
Practicing good hygiene is important to help prevent the spread of viral conjunctivitis. This also includes:
- To prevent wearing it, you must take great care of cleanliness, wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your eyes or tears coming from your eyes. You can use tissue or cloth to clean your eyes.
- Do not share your clothes, towels and other things you use with others.
- Disinfecting surfaces touched by someone with viral conjunctivitis.
- If you are infected, stay away from others. If someone around you is infected, stay away from them.
If you take care of all these things for 15 to 20 days, then viral conjunctivitis can be prevented from spreading and you can also recover quickly. But if you want to improve even after these remedies, then see a doctor, although you must consult a doctor as soon as you see symptoms.
Viral conjunctivitis Suggestions for Management –
Here are some additional tips for managing viral conjunctivitis:
• Your eyes should be mostly given rest.
• Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun.
• You should not wear contact lenses until your eyes have completely healed.
• If wearing contact lenses is necessary, be sure to clean them thoroughly and wear them for the shortest amount of time possible.
• Talk to your doctor if you have any concerns about viral conjunctivitis.
• If you are seeing symptoms, then without delay, talk to the doctor only after that do treatment or cure.
So this was friends, information about viral conjunctivitis, if you get this disease, then you do not need to be afraid, you should talk to the doctor immediately if symptoms appear. And follow the remedies mentioned in this post, this disease gets cured in 15 days.
Note – If you have viral conjunctivitis, it is important to take steps to prevent spreading the virus to others.